Art (Fine Art) A-Level at Landau Forte Sixth Form College
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes: Art is knowing which ones to keep!" Scott Young 1957
The aims of the Advanced Subsidiary and Advanced Edexcel GCE in Art and Design encourage students to develop:
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive powers
- Investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgement
- Independence of mind in relation to developing their own ideas, refining their own intentions and personal outcomes
- An interest in, enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of drawing, painting and sculpture
- Experience of working with a broad range of media, including traditional and new media technologies
- An understanding of the interrelationships between art, craft and design processes and an awareness of the contexts in which they operate
- Experience of working within relevant and real frameworks and, where appropriate, make links to the creative industries
- Knowledge, understanding and application of art, design and media and technologies in contemporary and past societies and cultures
- An awareness of different roles, functions and audiences and consumers of art and design practice.
GCSE Art A* - C / BTEC Merit - Distinction and an aptitude for Art via portfolio at interview. If GCSE Art has not been studied then a high quality portfolio will be necessary.
Art is an exciting subject to study and can lead to different careers within Fashion, advertising, architecture, theatre design etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte Sixth Form College directly.