Construction - Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 (CON1) at Barnsley College
This course is for you if you are a first time entrant into the construction industry are carrying out painting and decorating tasks on a regular basis.
You will study units from the list below which relate to your job role. You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) booklet
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- You will need to be at least 16 years of age and must hold one GCSEs at grade A*-C plus GCSE maths and English at grade 3 or above
- You need to be employed within a construction setting or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in College and in your place of work.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
Upon completion you could progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating or apply for job roles including:
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.