Food and Beverage Service Apprenticeship Level 2 at Lincoln College
The Food & Beverage Service qualification is designed for those working in the hospitality industry whose day-to-day job role is fundamentally, front of house and whose tasks are split between bar duties and restaurant/table service.
Candidates will be drawn from those working in public houses, clubs, hotels and restaurants and can be employed behind the bar but are also involved with dining room or restaurant tasks.
Job roles of an Intermediate Apprentice in Food & Beverage (Beverage)
• Front of House catering assistant
Careers this apprenticeship could lead to?
• Head Barperson
• Restaurant Manager
• Team Leader
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Optional Units may include:
• Prepare and clear the bar area
• Serve food at the table
• Provide a silver service
• Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
• Clean drink dispense lines
Additional components of The Diploma in Food & Beverage Service Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths & English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employement Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• No specific qualifications are required; however GCSE’s grades A – D (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics are preferred
• Successful completion of Initial Assessments
• A suitable work placement
The Apprentice will be assessed in the workplace. To ensure that all the competences are met, regular review meetings with take place with your assessor and your employer to effect the successful achievement of the framework.
Mode of attendance:
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
What’s next after the apprenticeship?
• Career progression within their current employment
• Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lincoln College directly.