Physics AS A2 at Kettering Buccleuch Academy
The course follows the AQA physics specification A. The course uses a modular assessment method with practical skills examined at both AS and A2 levels.
- Broad based content.
- Modern developments in physics and its applications.
- Simple assessment structure.
- Investigative and practical skills in both AS and A2 levels.
- AS Module1 - Particles, Quantum Phenomena and Electricity.
- AS Module 2 - Mechanics, Materials and Waves.
- AS Module 3 - Investigative and Practical skills
- A2 Module 4 - Fields and further Mechanics.
- A2 Module 5 - A to D - Nuclear Instability + one from options.
- A2 Module 6 - Investigative and Practical Skills
The whole class will study the same module plus one major coursework investigation. (astrophysics, medical physics, applied physics, turning points in physics.)
It has been designed for candidates who have completed a GCSE course in physics or double science.
The minimum requirement for entry to the course is grade C but candidates with grade B or better will probably be more able to cope with the course. It is expected that candidates will be competent in mathematics and English at GCSE.
AS 2 written papers, 1 ISA (practical followed by written paper)
A2 2 written papers, 1 ISA (practical followed by written paper)
This syllabus is intended to provide a coherent course of study not only for candidates who may proceed later to higher education, but also for those whose formal education in this subject may not attend beyond advanced or AS level.
For further information please contact Mr Tim Bold
All courses are subject to change. You are advised to contact Kettering Buccleuch Academy directly to check courses are still running.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kettering Buccleuch Academy directly.