Business A Level at Heanor Gate Science College
If you enjoy learning more about decision making in business particularly through Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operation strategies this is the course for you. Examination only course (no controlled assessment).
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
- Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
- Managing strategic change (A-level only)
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – all skills that are needed for further study and employment.
Five GCSEs at grade C or above
Exam papers use a variety of assessment styles including multiple choice, short answer, data response, essay and case studies so that students feel more confident and engage with the questions. Real life case studies will be used wherever possible to make it easier for students to relate to and apply their knowledge and skills developed throughout the course.
You will choose route A or B
- Route A AS only 2X90minute papers.
- Route B Full A Level 3X120minute papers.
However pupils do have the option to continue studying the full A-level after AS.
We are hoping to visit Jaguar Land Rover Solihull this year.
Students will have access to a wide range of career opportunities
- Business Administration
- Finance and Accounting
Specialise in a specific area of Business or maybe choose a modular course to combine Business and other subjects.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heanor Gate Science College directly.