Mathematics Edexcel A Level at Kantor King Solomon High School
Maths will develop an understanding of mathematics and mathematical processes, develop the ability to reason logically and construct mathematical proofs, and understand coherence and progression in mathematics and how different areas of mathematics can be connected.
- develop understanding of mathematics and mathematical processes in a way that promotes confidence and fosters enjoyment
- develop abilities to reason logically and recognise incorrect reasoning, to generalise and to construct mathematical proofs
- extend the range of mathematical skills and techniques and use them in more difficult, unstructured problems
- develop an understanding of coherence and progression in mathematics and of how different areas of mathematics can be connected
- recognise how a situation may be represented mathematically and understand the relationship between ‘real-world’ problems and standard and other mathematical models and how these can be refined and improved
- use mathematics as an effective means of communication
- read and comprehend mathematical arguments and articles concerning applications of mathematics
- acquire the skills needed to use technology such as calculators and computers effectively, recognise when such use may be inappropriate and be aware of limitations
- develop an awareness of the relevance of mathematics to other fields of study, to the world of work and to society in general
- take increasing responsibility for own learning and the evaluation of own mathematical development.
Minimum of 6 GCSE grades at A*-C including English and Mathematics with a grade B or above in the subjects to be studied at A level.
9371 Advanced GCE Mathematics:
- Core Mathematics units C1, C2, C3 and C4
- plus two Applications units from the following six combinations:
- M1 and M2; S1 and S2; D1 and D2; M1 and S1; S1 and D1; M1 and D1.
- All examination papers last 1 hour 30 minutes.
- All examination papers have 75 marks.
- C1 is a non-calculator paper: for all other unit examinations, calculators can be used.
This qualification supports progression into further and higher education, training or employment, in a wide variety of disciplines.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kantor King Solomon High School directly.