Music Level 2 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
A one year course introducing a variety of aspects of the music industry focusing specifically on digital music and sound within the studio and live environment. The course aims to provide a taster of a variety of aspects of the music industry in order that students can progress to a level 3 qualification.
- Developing skills relating to a variety of DAW’s
- Developing studio recording techniques
- Examine roles within the music industry
- Taking part in the live sound environment
- Developing a digital music portfolio
- Develop music theory and composition skills
- 136 GCSE entry points or equivalent from top 5 GCSE's
- D in English Languages
- Level 1 vocational qualification at a Merit, and
- D in English Language or a Level 1 Functional Skill English pass
- Interest in music technology and sound
Assessment will occur through the completion of units with a mixture or assignment, writing and practical demonstration.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
Progression to a level 3 90 credit programme of study
Live performances in and outside of the vocational area
Trips to industry events
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.