BTEC Hospitality Level 3 Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma at Woodlands School
- To provide a highly specialised work-related qualification
- To provide underpinning knowledge of the hospitality sector
- To give pupils the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality is designed to allow entry into employment or to provide a springboard to a university degree or Foundation Degree in an appropriate vocational discipline.
Hospitality is a fast-growing sector worldwide, with opportunities to manage hotels, run restaurants or specialise in accountancy or information technology. There remain significant skill gaps, particularly in the following areas: customer service; interpersonal skills; supervisory skills; finance; and employability skills. The Edexcel suite of BTEC Nationals seeks to address some of these areas.
This course provides much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards, as well as developing practical skills in preparation for work.
The Certificate in Hospitality will consist of a mandatory unit, "The Hospitality Industry", plus a range of BTEC optional units including:
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Events Organisation in Hospitality
The study of further units will lead to a BTEC level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality, this will involve:
- Planning and managing a Hospitality Event
- Supervisory skills in the Hospitality Industry
- The principles of Food Safety Supervision
Minimum entry requirement at GCSE is a grade C from GCSE Catering or Travel and Tourism or, alternatively, a proven interest in the Hospitality sector.
Students who have a degree of interest in Hospitality and or Catering, who may, upon completion, pass directly into employment or continue their study in the same or related vocational area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woodlands School directly.