Physics AS/A2 Level at Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College
The AS Level requires 3 individual modules to be successfully completed :
● Particles, quantum, phenomena and electricity
● Mechanics, materials and waves
● Investigative & practical skills in AS Physics
The award at A2 requires the following 3 additional modules to be completed :
● Fields and Further Mechanics
● Nuclear and thermal physics and option topic
● Investigative and practical skills in A2 physics
To be eligible for the course you must have:
- Double Award Science : Minimum B (in both core and additional science)
- Triple Science – B in Physics (and a minimum of a B & C in the other two results)
Plus GCSE Maths at grade A* - B and English Language at grade A* - B
● Each theory unit is examined via a written paper.
● Coursework is internally assessed.
● Examinations are held in either January or June.
‘A’ Level physics is accepted widely by universities for many of their courses ranging from medicine to various engineering and ICT courses. It is also accepted as a general qualification by all universities and employers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College directly.