Hair and Beauty C&G Level 1 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and experience in preparing you to progress onto Level 2 Beauty therapy or Hairdressing.
- Brand new state of the art facilities and access to new technology
- Innovative methods and enjoyable learning
- You will support learners on the Level 2 & 3 programmes through reception work and salon organiser
- Work experience
- Functional skills in English and Maths
You will learn about:
- Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Industry
- Presenting a Professional Image
- Create an Image Based on a Theme
- Shampooing & Conditioning
- Hair Plaiting & Twisting
- Make Up Application
- Themed Face Painting
- Hand Care
- Skin Care
- Women’s Hair Styling
- Nail Art
- Temporary Colour
- Employability Skills and Customer Service
To start on this course you need a reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy (at least GCSE grade E or Entry Level 3 in English or Maths), which will be assessed at interview, an appropriate reference and successful interview. You will also need attendance at one week's work experience.
After 1 year you can achieve a Diploma in Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector. This means you can apply for one of our Level 2 courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.