A level Business Studies at Garforth Academy
An ideal qualification for those students who want a broad background in business. Due to the practical nature of the course it is highly valued by prospective employers, covering areas like accounting, finance & marketing.
- What is Business?
- Managers, leadership & decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods
- Managing strategic change
Paper 1: 2 hours – 33.3% of grade
Exam is made up of a mixture of short, multiple choice and essay questions in 4 sections that cover all of the subject content.
Paper 2: 2 hours – 33.3% of grade
Like paper 1, all of the content is covered however this time students answer three data response questions made up of three or four parts. These are equally weighted.
Paper 3: 2 hours – 33.3% of grade
Again, all of the content is covered in this exam, however students respond on a compulsory case study followed by approximately 6 questions.
5 GCSEs at Grades 9-4 including Grade C in Business (if taken)
Grade 4 maths
100% Exam (3 Papers)
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.