Health & Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
This course will prepare you for work in health related careers in a professional capacity. It will provide you with the opportunity to develop a range of skills, techniques and personal qualities that you will need for your successful performance in the workplace. In year two of this course you will be able to choose a health or social care pathway to follow.
The programme will also include maths and English to help you achieve you future career aspirations.
- Developing effective communication
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Health, safety and security, including dealing with challenging behaviour
- Personal and professional development
- Human anatomy and physiology, including physiological disorders
- Psychological and Sociological perspectives
- Caring for children and young people
- Public health and social policy for health and social care
- Research methodology for health and social care
- Supporting and protecting adults/caring for adults with additional needs
- Working with medication
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs (grade A*-C) including English language and maths
- Health & Social Care – BTEC Diploma – Level 2 at Merit or above and be working towards GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student
Please note: To gain access to this course you will need to go through a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have criminal convictions or cautions, please do not be put off from applying for the course. Your acceptance on to the course will depend on the nature of any convictions and will be at the discretion of the College and your placement provider.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Care Work
- Family Support Worker
- Heath Care Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Health Nurse
- Paediatric Nurse
- Social Care Assistant
- Social Worker
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.