Healthcare Support Services Level 2 Certificate at Milton Keynes College
Is your goal to become an Administrator, Caretaker, Customer service manager, Cleaner, Gardener, Health records clerk, Hospital porter, Kitchen assistant, Library assistant, Personal assistant or Receptionist?
This course will help you gain an understanding of the requirements of the Healthcare Support Services worker and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
The course covers all areas of Healthcare Support Services e.g. communication, personal development, health and safety, equality and inclusion and role of the health care worker. This course is 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study 5 mandatory units:
- Introduction to personal development in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to health and safety in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- The role of the health care worker
- Your allocated Workplace Trainer will guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job role and area of work
We will also support your development in English and maths which is a key component of all College Programmes.
You will need to have a minimum of three month’s experience in your role as a Healthcare Support Services worker. This can be on an employed or voluntary basis.
You must be working or volunteering in this environment for a minimum of nine hours a week throughout the course. You need to be 18 years of age.
You need to be 18 years or over.
You will be required to complete an initial assessment in English and maths and achieve an appropriate level.
There is continuous assessment through knowledge in the form of written assignments submitted via the online portfolio, plus observations of your practice in the workplace.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. You could seek an apprenticeship in the sector or enter employment within the Care environment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.