Plastering L1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Plastering. You will learn how to:prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials, apply render coats, fix plasterboard and apply finishing plaster. You will also learn about the principles of construction and, very important, health, safety and welfare in construction.
You will be working towards the Level 1 Diploma in Plastering, comprising of the following
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Prepare background surfaces and mix plastering materials
- Applying render-coats to backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying floating coats to wall
- Apply setting coats to wall
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A-C will have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, which must include English and Maths
- College interview
You will achieve your qualification by completing graded practical activities and answering question papers throughout the course, producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be marked by the teaching staff who are all registered assessors. You will also be required to pass two externally set and marked multi-choice exams.
Progression could be onto the Level 2 Diploma in Plastering or into an Apprenticeship in Plastering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.