Hair Apprenticeships at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This framework provides a nationally agreed apprenticeship framework for the hairdressing industry, using qualifications that combine both skills and Knowledge. Apprenticeships are the traditional way of training hairdressers.
Depending on the pathway followed and the level achieved, learners completing an apprenticeship will undertake roles such as:
- Junior Hairdresser/Stylist (Foundation Apprenticeship)
- Hairdresser or Stylist (Apprenticeship)
There is an option to undertake training through:
- The technical training is provided in the college one day per week, including time in practical workshops
- A majority of training is provided in the workplace, however the college will require all learners to attend college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests.
All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria. No formal qualifications are required but experience in Hair and Beauty is desirable.
An apprenticeship is assessed as follows:
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based observations
- Theory-based tasks and tests
You can progress from Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.
Level 2 and 3
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.