Science Level 2 Cambridge National at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College
This course allows you to explore Science in a practical way and is aimed at students who wish to progress onto a Level 3 course.
You will be studying the new OCR Extended Certificate in Science CTECH (equivalent of a Level 2 qualification).
Core Unit 1 - Science of the Earth:
- How the earth supports life
- Environmental issues e.g. global warming
- Energy and Electricity
Unit 8 – Science of Health:
- Science of health (a) Healthy lifestyles
- Science of Health (b) Modern Science and Treatments
- Science of Health (c) Genetic Disorders
Unit 13 – Radiology:
- Radiology (a) X-Rays and CT scans
- Radiology (a) Ultra sound
- Radiology (b) Radiation and treatment of diseases.
Each of these units are assessed in different ways. Students will create a portfolio of work including photos, videos, witness statements and presentations.
- No prior qualifications, although a good grasp of the English language is preferred.
- You will need to summarise ideas and produce comprehensive notes
- You will need to evaluate arguments and share your understanding with others
- You will need to be able to innovatively answer the criteria in a variety of mediums e.g. power points, displays, short essays, posters, leaflets etc.
The Level 2 Extended Certificate in Science is a useful qualification for many jobs and will allow you to progress onto our Level 3 Applied Science course, should a distinction be achieved.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College directly.