Business with Finance BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This is a one or two year course with extremely high standards. The course is designed to provide you with expert knowledge of the business environment.
This Course is designed to give students the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of what a career in Business & Finance can offer. You will develop skills that will help you to be successful within the Business and Financial sectors.
To be successful in business and finance, it is important to have excellent mathematics skills, interpersonal skills, be able to communicate with a range of people, have the commitment to develop your own personal qualities, be enthusiastic, be good at problem solving, energetic and have a keen interest in developing skills and techniques.
There is a compulsory business dress code for this course.
The study programme has three compulsory aspects:
- Business: Units such as The Business Environment, Business Resources, Introduction to Marketing and Business Communication, Introduction to Accounting and Introduction to Finance will develop your business and finance knowledge.
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme. This could mean either Functional Skills or the GCSE programme.
- Employability programme: A range of activities and trips will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- Bromley Advantage: A range of extra curricular ICT activities will be provided so you can complete at home and or in class. This will enable you to achieve a certificate in Bronze, Silver or Gold standard.
Successful completion of the 90 Credit diploma will give you the equivalent of 1.5 A Levels.
Students will initially study the 90 Credit Diploma Business in year one. On successful completion of this qualification, they may be able to progress onto the full Extended Diploma in Business with Accounting in year two.
- GCSE: At least 5, graded A*-C including English and Maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 2 Diploma Business at Merit or Distinction Level (or related subject)
- Assessment in English and Maths is required.
- Compulsory attendance at a Business Information Event.
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
Assessment is continuous throughout the year within teaching and learning. This will entail a number of assignments both written and practical.
Students are required to complete an online portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
Units will be individually graded as pass, merit or distinction and an overall grade will be awarded on completion of the programme.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course. Which you will need to complete 3 times a year.
Course Fees: 16-18 £0.00
Registration fee: £137*
Students will need to purchase their own stationery and text book(s) and will also be responsible for ensuring they follow the business dress code. All additional trips and visits must be paid for prior to the event. More information will be available at the course experience event.
*Subject to amendment.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 3 Extended Diploma study programme, whilst others may wish to enter employment.
Alternatively you can do another course within Bromley College.
We also have our Higher Education Department you can embark on a Degree in Business, Degree in accounting or in Finance.
The course also carries UCAS points and is a recognised route into Higher Education.
What our current students say you need to be successful
- Willingness to embrace new experiences
- Passion for learning
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.