Football Academy at Scarborough Sixth Form College
The S6F Football Academy is for talented young football players. The Academy will help you develop sporting excellence, nurture your talent and aid your personal development. You will receive specialist coaching from an A licenced coach allowing you to play football whilst studying for university or employment.
- Up to 10 hours a week of high quality coaching from an A license coach from the professional world
- Pre-season screening and regular in season fitness assessments to monitor progress
- Weekly games in the AOC league and cup as well as North Yorkshire cup competitions.
- Regular personalised feedback on your progress
- Support with tactics and technical aspects of the game
- Nutritional advice and psychological profiling to improve mental and physical performance
- Support for students wishing to take coaching and officiating qualification
To be a part of the Academy you must be enrolled on a full time course at S6F (for example 3 AS Levels, a Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma, or a Level 2 course). You will also need to pass a football trial.
There is no formal assessment. As a player you will improve technically, physically , strategically and tactically
Potential scholarships in the UK at University or abroad. This course may also aid your career into coaching or officiating. Students can study Football at University so an insight into the world of professional coaching and managing may influence your decisions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Scarborough Sixth Form College directly.