Childcare and Education ( Early Years Educator ) at West Hatch High School
- Why study this subject?
- What is developmental psychology?
- How do children learn to play?
- What impact does television and technology have on cognitive development?
- Why has there been a dramatic increase in allergies in children?
- What can governments do to reduce child poverty?
Childcare and Education encompasses a range of areas and topics; from development to play and learning. Parenting, society and environmental factors all have an impact on children’s health and well - being. This course will give you a detailed knowledge of how children grow, develop and learn. You will build your skills as an early years’ educator during practical placements with a varied age group and learn to reflect on your practice. You will develop knowledge on curricular, planning and understand the demands of working in nurseries and primary schools. This
will lead you into a rewarding and challenging career in early years and primary education.
5 A*- C grades at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Hatch High School directly.
Last updated date: 23 September 2016