Travel and Tourism - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Alsager School
The course is broadly equivalent of 1 A-level and will be studied over two years. The course comprises of six different units.
- Unit 1: Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector – how have our holidays changed in the last 50 years? What are the current trends for holidays?
- Unit 2: The Business of Travel and Tourism – how do firms gain a competitive advantage?
- Unit 3: The UK as a Destination – locate different UK destinations and explore how they meet the needs of different types of tourists.
- Unit 4: Customer Service in Travel and Tourism - develop knowledge and skills to provide customer service and achieve sales in travel and tourism situations.
- Unit 7: European Destinations - locate and explore the diverse destinations that make up the European travel market.
- Unit 8: Long Haul Destinations – locate appropriate destinations and plan a long haul tour.
At least 4 A*-C GCSE grades required. Students will ideally have at least a GCSE C grade in Maths and English.
The course has no exams; each unit is assessed through coursework.
This course is excellent preparation for careers in travel & tourism; such as being a travel agent, a holiday representative, working on a cruise ship or running a tourism office. Some students may prefer to go on to university and study a degree in Travel & Tourism or International Tourism Management. Travel & Tourism will combine well with studying Geography, English, Media Studies and Business Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alsager School directly.