Children & Young People's Workforce Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
This qualification is designed for childcare practitioners who are new to working in the Early Years Foundation Stage in childcare settings and who are working under supervision.
It covers mandatory units on
- Equality & Diversity
- Health & Safety
- Children & Young People's Development.
- A range of optional units will be chosen to meet the needs of the employer and the learner.
The Apprenticeship has 4 mandatory components
- The Certificate for Children and Young People's Workforce
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills incorporated throughout all other components
The Certificate for Children and Young People's Workforce
This consists of mandatory and optional units and combines knowledge and competence in the workplace.
Paediatric First Aid units are included in this qualification. A total of 35 credits must be achieved.
Employment Rights & Responsibilities
Every apprentice is required to demonstrate that they know and understand areas such as the range of employer and employee statutory rights and responsibilities under employment law, health and safety and equality and diversity procedures and documentation for their organisation. This will be evidenced through a workbook
An employer would be expected to train and support the learner and give them as much experience as necessary in the organisation to be competent in all of the mandatory and chosen optional units.
The learner must have a minimum of 6 months in employment, plus the necessary exposure in the working environment to complete the qualification.
Learner will be assessed within the college as well in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with the learner, assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Learners can progress to Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People's Workforce
- This qualification can lead to roles such as Early Years Practitioner in day nurseries, children's centres or pre-schools Practitioners in nursery schools and nursery or reception classes in primary schools
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.