Painting & Decorating Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship Diploma Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
As a Painter and decorator you will use a range of coverings to enhance and protect surfaces. These surfaces could include plaster, metal and wood. If you like practical work and enjoy being artistic, this could be a perfect career for you.
As a painter and decorator, you would work on a variety of domestic and industrial projects ranging from re-decorating homes to applying heavy-duty finishes to large structures like bridges.
Work would include:
- measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering you need
- stripping off old wallpaper or paint
- filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
- preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat
- mixing paint to the right shade, either by hand or using computerised colour-matching equipment
- applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper
To enrol on the Level 2 apprenticeship you will need to be working with a local employer and you will need to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above including Maths, English and a Science/technical qualification.
Upon successfully completing your Level 2 qualification you will be able to seek full-time employment with your employer. You may wish to consider exploring higher level qualifications to enhance your employability.
Steel toe capped shoes/boots and sturdy clothing to protect your body will be required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.