A Level Biology at The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls
You will learn about:
- The latest advances in medicine
- How our genes determine who we are
- The impact of human activity on the environment
- How the body responds to changes in the internal and external environment
- The applications and implications of biology
- How to communicate and present scientific arguments and ideas
2 written examinations:
· each of 90 minute duration;
each examination includes relevant practical skills.
3 written examinations:
· each of 2 hour duration;
· each examination includes relevant practical skills;
· one examination includes a large extended writing component.
Studied Further Science? You will need an average B grade from Further and Additional Science
Studied Core and Additional Science? You will need a B grade from Core and Additional Science, or a C grade in Core and an A grade in Additional Science.
A minimum B grade in Mathematics is required to study Biology.
AS/A level Biology gives you skills that can be transferred to a wide range of University courses and career paths. Examples include medicine, dentistry, sport science, food science, journalisms, biochemistry, pharmacy, research science and management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Ellen Wilkinson School for Girls directly.