Art Textiles A Level at Mulberry School for Girls
- Researching and analysing chosen theme
- Investigating and developing ideas through appropriate research
- Designing and developing ideas
- Experimenting with a range of fine art and textile techniques (drawing, painting, appliqué, block printing, machine and hand embroidery etc)
- Knowledge of art, craft and design in contemporary society
- Visits exhibitions and museums are included.
- Producing a final design product.
- You will produce 1 unit of coursework f or AS and 1 unit of coursework for A2 (50% of total A level assessment). The A2 unit has to have a personal study attached of approximately 1000 to 3000 words.
- The exam projects form 50% of the total A level assessment. A range of themes is set by the ex am board, student’s research and develop the theme and have a 15 hour practical exam to produce a piece of art textiles work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Mulberry School for Girls directly.
Last updated date: 08 September 2016