Creative Media Production BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Wilberforce College
This is a very practical course ideally suited to students who want hands-on experience of production work in the media rather than consistently writing analyses or essays. With lessons taking place in our newly built Media Centre, you will gain an understanding of media and research techniques. You will find out about production management, pre-production techniques and video technology. You will also take specialist units looking at shooting a single camera drama, video editing, animation production and more.
YEAR ONE UNITS
- The Interview - practice unit enabling you to get to know the camera and facilities
- Zombie Movie - the creation of a sequence from your own zombie apocalypse
- Music Video - choose shoot and edit your own music video
- Audio Foley - adding sound to a silent piece of film
- The Vault - the script writing project
- Government Adverts - creation of a public information film of your choice (e.g. smoking)
- Corporate Videos - this brief is open to businesses to give you professional experience
YEAR TWO UNITS
- Film Trailer - here we study the art of film editing to generate interest
- Animation - using stop motion techniques to create your own Lego movie
- Kids TV Show - team up with a puppet to become a presenter in this unit
- Points of View - develop Photoshop skills as you design posters for a new film
- Documentary - explore a key area of interest and present it in documentary form
- Film Studies - written analysis of key documentaries you have studied
4 A*-C grades in GCSEs or equivalent in at least three subjects including a minimum of grade D in GCSE English Language
This course has no exams and your work will be assessed throughout the course. You will be given a grade for each unit – Pass, Merit and Distinction and these will be used to calculate your final grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wilberforce College directly.