Business A Level at Langley Park School for Boys
The first year of the course serves as a general introduction to Business and its functional areas. In Year 13, the course is really concerned with the application of the knowledge learned in Year 12 and looks at Business in a more strategic context.
It is not advisable to take both Business and Economics at A Level.
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision-making.
3. Decision-making to improve marketing performance.
4. Decision-making to improve operational performance.
5. Decision-making to improve financial performance.
6. Decision-making to improve human resource performance.
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business.
8. Choosing strategic direction.
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
10. Managing strategic change
Students should have an interest in the world of business and current affairs. Students must be able to think logically and analytically.
Assessment will be by examination only.
Three equally weighted written examination papers each of two hours.
The wide range of skills that students will develop is useful in any career in commerce or industry, such as Marketing, Finance, Accountancy, Human Resources, Production and General Management. Many students go on to study the subject at university
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Langley Park School for Boys directly.