Floristry Foundation Diploma (Level 1) at Capel Manor College
On this one-year course you will receive an introduction to the world of floristry and the opportunity to develop the basic practical skills required to start in the industry.
- make floristry, planted and balloon designs for a range of occasions
- identify fresh flowers, foliage and plants
- prepare and care for cut flowers, foliage and plants
- develop skills to work safely in the industry
- design, produce and maintain window displays
- develop employability skills.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- create portfolios of evidence
- complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- sit one external theory based exam
- complete work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 2 GCSEs
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- a willingness and commitment to learn new skills
- enthusiasm for working with flowers
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will help build your confidence and you could progress to a Floristry Diploma (Level 2) or an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Floristry (Level 2).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.