IT User Skills Apprenticeship Level 3 at Cumbria County Council
The majority of IT Application Specialist apprenticeship roles require:
- Individuals to be proactive, fast learners;
- Individuals who are able to work independently or as part of a team;
- The ability to focus on assisting customers and colleagues find solutions to problems;
- Good attention to detail and the ability to deliver what is required, when it is required;
- Individuals to be open to change and focus on the requirements of the business at all times.
Roles in data management would suit individuals who:
- Are meticulous and methodical, and can work under pressure to set deadlines;
- Are well organised and efficient;
- Can manage multiple or complex tasks;
- Have good communication and team-working skills.
Roles in application helpdesk support would suit those with:
- An interest in both hardware and software;
- Good problem solving ability.
For the Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3), candidates must have at least 3 GCSE grade A* to C including Maths and English. In addition we are looking for candidates who have:
- a ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- a keen interest in ICT;
- a good standard of English; Maths and ICT;
- a willingness to learn.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways which may include:
- On the job observations;
- Evidence of your duties / tasks performed;
- Reports from mentors and managers;
- Assessments in English; Maths and IT;
- Production of a portfolio of evidence.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cumbria County Council directly.