GCE Computer Science at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
At AS Level the students will learn about Computer Fundamentals including hardware and software and the implications of computer use. As well as this they will also study a unit on programming techniques and logical methods. Students learn about designing solutions to particular problems such as how to write maintainable programs and how to test and run solutions.
Within A Level students study Advanced Computing Theory where they look to understand the function of operating systems amongst a number of other areas as well as completing a Computing Project which accounts for their coursework.
- The capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- The ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of computing, includingprogramming, in a range of contexts to solve problems
- The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of the subject
- An understanding of the consequences of using computers, an awareness of emerging technologies and an appreciation of their potential impact on society
- Communicate effectively and team work
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.