English Literature AS at Bushey Meads School
The AQA English Literature AS syllabus (Spec B) consists of one examination module called
Aspects of Narrative. The exam is 2 hours long and is open book, so you can take all your texts
into the exam with you. The examination set texts include contemporary prose and poetry from
1800-1945. Two novels and two poetry texts must be studied. There is also one coursework
module (two pieces of 1500 words) which is based on the dramatic genre of Comedy.
Which Texts Will You Study?
- Ian McEwan - Enduring Love
- F Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- W.H.Auden - Selected Poetry
- Oscar Wilde - The Importance of being Earnest
- William Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing
We require you to have achieved a grade ’C’ or higher in GCSE English Literature and English Language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bushey Meads School directly.