Modern Foreign Languages: French or Spanish A Level at Cardinal Hume Catholic School
In these A-levels, teachers use a wide range of teaching resources including books, film, music, websites newspapers and other authentic materials. The library also has a subscription to Foreign Language magazines. You will study the following core content:
- Social Issues and Trends Political and Artistic Culture
- A Film and one Literacy Text
The new changes to A-levels mean that students study for their A-level over two years, taking all exams at the end of Year 13. AS exams no longer count towards an A-level.
- Study one or more MFL as a main subject
- Study a MFL in addition to a main subject, such as IT, Business, Science, Engineering, Accountancy, Economics and many more
World of Work
- Speakers of a MFL are in increasing demand
- English alone may consign you to the ‘slow lane’
- Give yourself a cutting edge over your competitors
Careers in languages including Journalism, Law, Business Management, Translating and Teaching.
Careers using a foreign language include business management, law, engineering, science, teaching, civil service and journalism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cardinal Hume Catholic School directly.