Hairdressing NVQ Level 3 Diploma at The Arnewood School
The course enables the student to obtain an NVQ Diploma qualification in Hairdressing through a combination of class-room based study and practical experience through work placement time in the salon.
The NVQ is a widely recognised vocational qualification,
valued by employers within this area of work.
The syllabus followed and outlined below is the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing. It is based on both written theoretical knowledge and documented evidence of being able to put theory into practice.
The Diploma covers the following areas of theory and practical:
- UHB30 Provide client consultation services
- UHB28 Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- UHB29 Creatively colour and lighten hair
- UHB51 Hair colour correction services
- UHB54 Develop and enhance creative hairdressing skills
- UHB27 Creatively style and dress hair
- UHB57 Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- UHB60 Cut men’s hairstyles
Students will also spend a minimum of 17 hours per week in practical placement within a hairdressing salon and will be collating written work on theory for their NVQ portfolio at the same time.
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is mandatory.
- GCSE passes in Maths, English and Science is preferred,
- an interview
- UHB30: By 1 x externally set exam, internally marked and verified assignment/questions.
- UHB28, UHB54, UHB27, UHB57, UHB60: By internally marked and verified assignment/questions
- UHB29, UHB51: By 2 x externally set exams, internally marked and verified assignment/questions.
NVQ: By presentation of a portfolio of evidence based on
- A written review of the theory cited to support practice
- A series of formal written assessments of practical competence against the performance criteria set in the NVQ standards.
The qualification will enable you to build knowledge, understanding and skills which are appropriate to many job roles within hairdressing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Arnewood School directly.