Physics A Level at The de Ferrers Academy
Why study this course?
- If you have an interest in and enjoy physical sciences
- if you want to find out how things in the physical world work
- if you enjoy applying your mind to solving problems
- if you are studying other science subjects and/or mathematics and you want to take another course that will supplement and support your studies
You will study all of the following:
- Electric Circuits
- Further Mechanics
- Electric & Magnetic Fields
- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Wave & Particle Nature of Light
- Nuclear Radiation Gravitational Fields
4 A* - C Plus Grade 5 in English and a Grade 6 in Maths Grade B on P2 paper with a B overall in either Physics of Additional Science
At the end of their 2 year course A level students will sit 3 exams.
Papers 1 and 2 are both worth 30% of the final grade and last 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Paper 3 covers content from any area of the A-level course and includes assessment of the understanding of practical principles. This paper is worth 40% of the final grade and lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes.
In addition, students will be separately judged on their practical skills by internal assessment over a series of 16 practical activities. This will be reported separately on their certificates as “pass” or “fail”.
- Civil Engineering
- Armed Forces & Defence industry
- Car Design
- Education & Teaching
- Law & Finance
- Medicine (especially Medical Physics)
- Nuclear, Oil & Gas Industries
- Renewable Energy Industry
- Space Exploration Industries
- Transport & Infrastructure
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The de Ferrers Academy directly.