Accounting & Business AAT Level 2 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The theme of AAT Level 2 is 'every-day accounting'. Learners will learn the principles of double-entry bookkeeping and how it is applied in the recording of day-to-day transactions. Learners will study the same five units as those on the AAT Level 2 Certificate as well as five more that are included as a result of AAT consulting with employers nationally.
The units that will be studied are:
- Processing Bookkeeping Transactions (Bookkeeping 1)
- Control Accounts, Journals & The Banking System (Bookkeeping 2)
- Basic Costing
- Work Effectively in Accounting and Finance
- Computerised Accounting (SAGE)
- Introduction To Payroll Systems
- Computerised Payroll Skills
- Spreadsheet Software
- Developing Study Skills
- Applied Business Communications and Personal Skills.
If you have not yet achieved a grade C (or above) in GCSE English and maths, you will be required to attend GCSE resit sessions (if you achieved grade D) or functional skills sessions (if you achieved grade E or below).
- At least 4 GCSE’s at grade D or above (including English and maths)
- AAT Level 1 Award in Access to Accounting
You will be assessed via online examinations.
You could progress onto our AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
Employment opportunities could involve work at a junior level within an accounts/finance-related organisation or department.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.