Electrical Engineering - Apprenticeship (Level 2) at Alliance Learning
Electrical engineering technicians install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and controls across a wide range of industries. An electrical engineering apprenticeship or an electronic engineering apprenticeship is an ideal way of starting a career in this field.
What the course involves:
- Working and implementing health and safety procedures for isolation and testing using appropriate equipment
- Working from electrical drawings to produce domestic single phase circuits and industrial three phase circuits.
- Working from electrical drawings to produce electronic circuits and components
- Working on electrical circuits to identify and repair faults
- Installing plant and equipment
Candidates must have good colour vision, concentration with attention to detail. Safety awareness is essential.
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Practical hand skills for handling tools • Analytical problem solving skills • Mathematical ability and understanding of scientific principles • Candidates must have good colour vision • Ability to read circuit diagrams • Concentration with attention to detail • Safety awareness is essential
You will be required to sit an English, Maths and ICT initial assessment before starting the Apprenticeship programme to check you are at a suitable level.
The National minimum Apprenticeship wage is £3.30 per hour
See below for a list of possible careers that could lead on from courses in engineering:
- Domestic Electrician
- Indusrial Electrician
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
This could lead to a career in Advanced Apprenticeship and Higher Education. This qualification will form a major component of the SEMTA Engineering Apprenticeship Framework and the Advanced Apprenticeship Framework and will allow progression to higher levels. For example this qualification allows progression onto a variety of Level 3 Engineering NVQs and relevant VRQs. This qualification could also allow progression onto other related sectors NVQs and VRQs.
To find out more about this qualification, contact the Alliance Learning recruitment team on 01204 677 888 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media for Apprenticeship updates
Facebook - 'Alliance Learning Horwich'
Twitter - @alhorwich
Instagram - alliance_learning
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.