Engineering And Manufacture Level1 Diploma at North Lindsey College
Learners will work towards the skills and knowledge needed sto progress onto an apprenticeship.
Areas of study include:
- Level 1 Diploma in Engineering and Manufacture:
- Working in Engineering
- Maths and Science
- Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance
- Mechanical and Electrical Theory
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- A choice of NVQ1 Performing Engineering Operations (practical) units:
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Producing Electrical Components Using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Making Components Using Hand Tools and Fitting Techniques
- Using Lathes for Turning Operations
Applicants should have, or expect to gain, a minimum of three GCSEs at Grade D or above to include Maths and Science. Learners will also have to attend a selection test and interview.
The practical tasks that are part of the course will be tracked and built into a portfolio of evidence. Underpinning knowledge will be assessed with written and oral questioning. There are tests for functional skills depending on the student's GCSE results. There will be opportunities to update GCSE Grade D Maths and/or English.
Students who pass at Level 1 Engineering will be eligible for progression onto a Level 2 NVQ in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.