Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Burnley College
This course provides an awareness of careers in the public services industry through modules including expedition skills, public service skills, health and fitness, employment and career planning.
Students benefit from practical activities, excursions and visits, together with theoretical study of public service related topics. You will study subjects relevant to the public services industry, including citizenship, understanding discipline, fitness testing, expedition skills and forensic detection. You will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of activities to enhance your studies, including:
- A five day visit to New York, including attending a United Nations conference and a sightseeing tour
- Learning about the Holocaust at Auschwitz
- Residential visits to the Navy, Marines and RAF
- A visit to the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh
- A work experience placement looking at Army life in Halton Camp, Lancaster
- Guest speakers from a range of areas including Police Community Support Officers and the Royal Navy
- Visits to the local law and crown courts
Two GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language OR a relevant Level 1 Diploma and a GCSE grade C in English Language.
Assessment is via coursework, practical assessments, case studies and presentations.
A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Public Services (Uniformed) OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in Community and Volunteering Leadership.
Our students have access to excellent sports facilities including a full-sized UEFA standard 3G pitch and five-a-side multi-use pitch. Our Sports Centre includes a full-sized multi-use hall for a variety of sports including basketball, five-a-side, volleyball and badminton. It also includes a state-of-the-art fitness suite and a climbing wall with overhand and cave which meets the criteria for outward bound courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Burnley College directly.