Performing Arts (including dance and drama) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma at East Riding College
This course covers similar topics to the Level Two Diploma in Performing Arts but in greater depth. The two-year programme is carefully designed to inform and support the critical decisions related to personal strengths, specialist skills, future progression and employment. The course is designed to be broad-based in the earlier stages, gradually allowing greater specialism as students develop and understand the demands of their chosen areas.
- Performance workshop (developing practical performance skills in acting or dance)
- Performing to an audience (rehearsals, workshops and shows)
- Performing arts business (Arts Council funding, supporting yourself in the industry)
- Principles of acting (for the acting specialism)
- Musical theatre performance (for the acting specialism)
- Musical theatre performance (for the musical theatre specialism)
- Movement in performance
- Rehearsing for performance
Specialist pathways include:
- Classical and contemporary theatre
- Musical theatre
- Physical theatre
- Variety performance
- Film and TV acting
- Applying contemporary dance
- Jazz dance
- Tap dance
- World dance
- Urban dance
- Vocal coaching and recording
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C including English and either dance or drama, or equivalent qualifications
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
The course is ideal if you're planning to progress to higher education in acting, musical theatre, and dance, as well as areas including stage management, performing arts, media, live music and touring, production and events management. It can also help you to pursue a career in the performing arts, whether as a singer, dancer, actor or musical theatre performer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.