Public Services Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in the uniformed public services?
The course is designed to prepare you for employment in the Armed Forces, Police, Ambulance, Fire Service, Prison Service and other Community and Emergency Service-related organisations.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical modules
- Classroom discussion
- Formal lectures
- Guest talks
- Individual research
- Group work
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A* - C (including English or Welsh first language) or Level 2 equivalency to 4 A*-C grades at GCSE, (D grade in English will be accepted but a resit is compulsory) or,
- Applicants with appropriate work experience may also be considered
- You will be required to provide a reference and attend an interview and a taster day to demonstrate your attitude, enthusiasm, fitness and to discuss your career goals.
- You will need to have a good standard level of literacy and numeracy, as well as a good standard of physical fitness
- You will need sports kit, waterproofs, walking boots and a rucksack to participate fully in the course. You will also need about £100 for a course hoody, polo shirt, and for the purchase of textbooks
- You will be required to attend one day a week at an outdoor centre developing skills in land and water based activities including expedition skills
- The FE Army Bursary Scheme is available on this course. For further information, speak to your local Army Careers Adviser or visit www.armyjobs.mod.uk
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
Assessment is through a variety of methods, including written assignments, presentations, personal projects and demonstrations of practical skills. There may also be external tests.
You will also be expected to demonstrate personal discipline, attendance and good time keeping.
- Assignments will assess your knowledge, but also to equip you with career skills
- The qualification is graded at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels
- The Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate will be an integral part of the course over the two years and is externally assessed.
Completion of this course gives you a range of options in education and employment. The programme is equivalent to 3 A Levels if studied over 2 years, helping you to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions, such as Criminology, Law and Policing Studies.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Policing, available at Rhos-on-Sea.
You will also have gained a valuable insight into the uniformed public services, along with the advanced training and qualification to help you succeed. You could progress into the public service of your choice, or you could go into other professions such as local authority employment or security work.Career opportunities
- Armed Forces
- Police Officer
- Prison Office
Programme code: 0104A03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.