Children's Play, Learning and Development at Eaton Bank Academy
The BTEC National Award in Children’s Play, Learning and Development is a vocational qualification that provides an introduction to the early years sector. The first year of the course leads to the National Subsidiary Award and is equivalent to one AS level. The complete two year programme leads to the National Award and is equivalent to one A level. Both qualifications involve significant work experience to provide learners with opportunities to apply their knowledge and understanding in work- related contexts and across different age ranges.
This is a new course for 2013. Units will focus on the care and development of a child aged between 0 and 8 years and are likely to include:
* Child development for the 0-7 age group in Unit 1: Child Development
* Theorists such as Piaget and Vvgotsky in Unit 1: Child Development
* The importance of healthy brain development in Unit 1: Child Development
* Working with parents in Unit 5: Collaboration with Parents, Colleagues and Other Professionals in Early Years
* Health and safety practice in the early years setting in Unit 4.
Students are expected to have achieved 4 A* - C Grades at GCSE, to have a positive Attitude to Learning and to have evidence of ICT skills. Full attendance is expected both at school and on work placement.
Travelling to placements may incur extra costs.
Students will also be required to take an Advanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eaton Bank Academy directly.