Computer Science A Level at Hitchin Boys' School
Advances in computing are transforming the way we work and our new Computer Science specification is changing with the times. The course content includes:
- Fundamentals of programming
- Fundamentals of data structures
- Fundamentals of algorithms
- Theory of computation
- Fundamentals of data representation
- Fundamentals of computer systems
- Fundamentals of computer organisation and architecture
- Consequences of uses of computing
- Fundamentals of communication and networking
- Fundamentals of databases
- Big Data
- Fundamentals of functional programming
- Systematic approach to problem solving
The computing practical project At A-level assessment of the course is through one on-screen exam, one written exam and a practical computing project.
Minimum entry requirements to our Consortium are 5 A*-C at GCSE or equivalent, including Maths and English, for an advanced level or Level 3 course.
You are required to achieve a minimum of a grade B in mathematics at GCSE in order to access this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hitchin Boys' School directly.