Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies at ProCo NW Ltd
This introductory plumbing course includes a mixture of theory and practical sessions. Learners will develop their practical skills by learning how to construct plumbing systems as well as learn the science and theory behind the plumbing trade.
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparations for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper pipework
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Plumbing science
No entry requirements needed.
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and dependent on attendance.
After completing this course, learners can progress onto a Level 2 Plumbing Study Programme or a Level 2 Plumbing Apprenticeship.
A qualified plumber can earn between £22,000-£35,000 a year.
To be a plumber you will need:
- the ability to follow technical drawings
- good practical skills
- good problem-solving skills
- a careful, well-ordered approach to work
- awareness of safety issues and legal regulations
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.