Health and Social Care Level 2 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
Begin your career within the health and social care sector and develop the skills and knowledge you need to set yourself on a pathway towards becoming a nurse, midwife, support worker, social worker or health professional.
During the Health and Social Care Level 2 course you will have the opportunity to go into placement in the sector, giving you experience and confidence to pursue your future career.
What will I study?
- You will develop an understanding of effective communication and professional practice
- You will gain insight into individual rights and needs within the health and social care sector
- You will study anatomy, physiology and human development
- As part of the course you will carry out a work placement
- Two units are assessed by an external exam
What are the entry requirements?
- One GCSE grade A to C plus three GCSEs at grade D or above, preferably with one in English or a Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care and reference from the course tutor
- You will be required to have a clear CRB check
- Positive references and interview with a tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Controlled assessments
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
What can I progress to?
- Continue studying with us on one of our Level 3 Health and Social Care courses, with the required grades in English and maths
- Health Care Assistant
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Allied Occupations
- Clinical Support Workers
- Social Work
Why study here?
- You will have the opportunity to undertake work experience in an adult care setting of your choice
- Organise and carry out some fund raising activities for charities
- Guest speakers from various areas of the sectors provide valuable insights into the different services and organisations available in Rotherham
- Opportunity to continue to develop your maths and English skills
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.