Business BTEC Level 3 at Shipley College
Develop the professional skills and understanding needed to succeed in a range of business roles in this varied sector.
In this practical and work related course, you explore many key areas including marketing, human resources, finance and website design.
In addition, the vital work experience you gain through the CofE4B enhances both your knowledge and your CV.
You will study how a wide range of organisations function. You will often explore the planning and decision making processes of real business situation.
Units you will study may include:
- Introduction to Business
- Business and Management
- Presenting Business Information
- Creative Product Promotion
- Business Enterprise
- Business Online/E-Business
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
- You will also study GCSE or Functional Skills in English and maths. These help to make students more employable and improve CV’s and personal statements.
- 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C (9 - 4), including English & maths. If you don’t have grade C (5-4) in both subjects, the minimum for the other is grade D (3).
- A full Level 2 at PP grade or above with maths & English grades equivalent to those stated above.*
* Students with grade D (3) in either English or maths will be expected to re-take that subject in Year 1.
There are approx 3 assignments per unit and the coursework is marked by your tutors and graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction grades. As you complete each unit your tutor will tell you what grade you have achieved for that unit. Your points are added together to give you your final grade, which carry UCAS points. You may also need to take GCSE or functional skills English and maths depending on your grade profile. These will require learners to take end of year externally set tests.
Learners are expected to provide their own stationery and ideally a USB to save their work. There is a course text book that the college can order and the learners can purchase at a discounted price.
After successful completion of the course, you can progress on to Higher Education courses in business, or a related subject. You could also go straight in to employment to work in finance, human resources, management and marketing.
Course length is 1 or 2 years. Private study of 10 hours per week is expected if learners are to meet deadlines and succeed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.