Electrical Installation Level 3 Diploma at West Lancashire College
West Lancashire College has a thriving Department of Electrical Installations based at its purpose-designed Construction Academy. Our qualified and experienced team of experts are now delivering the City and Guilds 2365 level 3 diploma in Electrical Installation, the industry recognised qualification for people wanting to work within the electrical industry, which can be taken on a Day Release basis.
This course is for any budding Electricians, who want to gain a recognised qualification, and experience that, will aid them in becoming a competent Electrician.
The City and Guilds 2365 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation covers part of both the Practical & Theory training units for installation electricians and consists of the following units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
Learners will undertake a period of work experience appropriate to your course as part of the programme of study.
Maths and English will be part of your programme of study and you will study qualifications in Maths and English, appropriate to your level of ability, alongside your chosen course.
From September 2015:
Theory Classes will take place at Main Skelmersdale Campus, College Way, Skelmersdale, WN8 6DX
Practical Classes will take place at West Lancashire Construction Academy, Gillibrands, Skelmersdale, WN8 9JP
Successful completion of the Level 2 in Electrical Installation, and interview with appropriate curriculum staff.
Throughout the course you will be assessed on the various units by online exams plus written and practical assessments.
There are a wide range of progression opportunities for learners including:
- 2357 if employed
- 2382 17th Edition qualification.
- 2394/2395 Testing and Inspection.
- 2377 Portable Appliance Testing.
- HNC in Building Services.
- University Degree.
- Masters Degree
- Charted Engineer
This course is designed to open up the world of Engineering with further study and experience, to students either as a continuing student or as an employed electrician /engineer. Career Progression opportunities include:
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Technician
- Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Engineering Operative
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lancashire College directly.