Accelerate (XLR8) at Bath College
This is a partnership arrangement, supported by B&NES local authority, to provide alternative education for Key Stage 4 students (Year 11s, and in some exceptional cases, Year 10s) to re-engage learners and offer educational experiences, qualifications outcomes and progression opportunities. XLR8 offers up to 30 ‘infill’ placements on any appropriate course from our wide range of mainstream post-16 FE programmes. It is anticipated that most placements will be at Level 1, but Entry and Level 2 programmes are also available where they best meet the learner’s needs.
XLR8 provides a 25-hour weekly programme made up of the following:
- The main infill programme eg, NVQ 1, Level 2 Diploma (accredited)
- Functional skills in English and maths (accredited)
- Enrichment – sport/ volunteering/cultural activities (non-accredited)
- Mentoring and personal and social development (non-accredited)
- Assignment workshops and private study support (non-accredited)
A shorter week, taking out the last three elements, can be negotiated with the school on an individual basis.
Places will be offered subject to school recommendation of college readiness, a satisfactory college interview, initial assessment to determine suitability for the level of study, parental consent and availability of spaces on individual programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.