Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Level 3 at East Berkshire College
This level 3 qualification covers the technical needs for today's motor vehicle repair industry, including the diagnosis of non-complex system faults.
It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots .
This is a learning programme which involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Carrying Out Routine Vehicle Maintenance
- Removing and Replacing:
- Engine units and components
- Electrical auxiliary units and components
- Chassis units and components
Motor Vehicle Level 2 and functional skills level 2 in English and Maths Candidates without qualifications but with experience of working within the motor vehicle industry will also be considered.
The student's knowledge is assessed by awarding bodies practical assessments in a motor vehicle workshop environment, 'On-line' multiple-choice testing and by assessments set by the College.
- If you are successful in securing a job in the motor vehicle industry a Level 2/3 NVQ in light vehicle maintenance and repair.
- The possibility of a Master Technician level 4 qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.