Veterinary Care Assistant Level 2 Diploma at Reaseheath College
This introductory course is excellent preparation for the Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing – the qualification you’ll need to become a fully qualified veterinary nurse. It’s a well-recognised qualification in its own right, even if you don’t progress to Level 3.
This course could help you get a job working within animal welfare and rescue, boarding kennels and catteries, pet stores or grooming parlours.
You will gain:
- Level 2 Diploma in Veterinary Care Assistants
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- Animal handling and care in the veterinary environment
- Assisting with care in the veterinary environment
- Administrative duties in the veterinary care environment
- Some GCSEs at C or above to include English, Maths and Science at grades D or above
- Achieve level 1 and show level 2 skills in our BSKB entry assessment
- Letter of support from a Vet Practice for 600 hours of work
Course options after this programme
- You can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- You can progress on to the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Animal Management
- Veterinary care assistant in a practice or with an animal charity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reaseheath College directly.