MATHS with Statistics - AS/A2 Level (AQA) at The Crypt School
Both AS & A2 Maths are one year courses and are offered as part of a full time study programme
Algebra, Functions, Sequences, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Transformations, Differentiation, Integration, Trigonometry and Exponential/Logarithms. There is a particular emphasis on problem solving.
Numerical Measures, Probability, The Binomial and Normal Distributions, Estimation, Confidence Intervals and statistical inference, Correlation and Regression. Again, the main purpose of this topic is to learn how to interpret and analyse information.
Mathematics 67% Further Algebra, Functions, Transformations, Further Differentiation and Integration, Numerical Methods, Further Trigonometry and Exponential/Logarithms. Once again here is a particular emphasis on problem solving.
Discrete Probability Functions, Poisson Distribution, Continuous Probability Functions Chi Square Goodness of fit, Further Estimation and Hypothesis testing
Preferable minimum Grade A in GCSE Mathematics. Will consider high grade B. This is in addition to the standard Crypt Sixth form entry requirements.
AS : Mathematics - two papers C1 & C2 67%, Statistics S1 33%
A2 : Mathematics - two papers C3 & C4 67%, Statistics MS2 33%
1) University for Maths related degrees.
2) Wishing to pursue Financial/Business careers.
4) Wishing to pursue any career where Mathematics is a significant support.
Who should apply for the course?
Students who :-
1) enjoy Mathematics and are ‘good’ at this subject.
2) Are good at problem solving and enjoy logical thinking.
3) Enjoy challenges!
4) Will find Mathematics helpful in other subjects, eg. Physics, Chemistry, Economics, etc
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Crypt School directly.