Fashion, Theatre and Media Hair and Make-Up Studies VTCT Level 3 Diploma at Bath College
This course follows on from the Level 2 Hair and Media Make-Up and includes more advanced techniques in make-up and hair styling for the fashion, photographic and media profession. You will be working on creating images for fashion shows, photo shoots and many of the drama productions in the college. You will be expected to join in with events often during unsociable and out of college hours in order to help out on these events and complete the course.
- Apply airbrush make-up to the face
- Camouflage make-up
- Media make-up
- Fashion and photograph make-up
- Applying prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Style and fit postiche
- Fantasy hair designs for performers.
- Level 2 qualification in Hair and Media Make Up
- Level 2 qualification in Cutting & Cosmetic make up (evening class)
- Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy & Cutting (evening class)
- Good record of attendance and general reference from a tutor from your previous course
- Interview during which you will be expected to take part in a basic practical skills test
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit you will be required to undertake an externally set theory paper.
Uniform and kit (discussed at interview).
Approximate cost £700
- Work as a freelance Make up artist: working with photographers, film production and media industries
- Work as a Make up product house artist
- Continue to extend your skills in this sector by enrolling on Level 2/3 Beauty Therapy, Complementary Therapies or Hairdressing courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.